The HAPA-GAB Excellence Awards 2013-2014, hosted by Guinness Anchor Berhad (GAB) in collaboration with Hospitality Asia Platinum Awards (HAPA), is set to return to Kuala Lumpur on 16 April 2014.
The number of entries for Malaysia’s premier hospitality industry awards has almost tripled following the success of the inaugural Awards in 2012.
One of the most anticipated hospitality awards in Malaysia, the HAPA-GAB Excellence Awards is a biennial award that will see GAB partner outlets in the country competing in eight award categories:
- Best Bar - Awarded to the outlet that showcases an extensive list of innovative drinks, and also delivers outstanding beer quality standards.
- Best Restaurant - Awarded to the outlet that brings gastronomic perfection to the dining experience. It also delivers memorable customer service.
- Best Resto-Bar - Awarded to the outlet that delivers extraordinary dining experience; one that showcases unique food selections to creative drinks menu.
- Best Club - Awarded to the outlet that presents the latest entertainment concept, creating the most electrifying party experience.
- Best Product Quality - Awarded to the outlet with exemplary standards in advocating beer and culinary product quality consistently. Sub-categories (only one winner in each sub-category):
- Perfect Serve TIGER
- Perfect Serve GUINNESS
- Perfect Serve HEINEKEN
- Perfect Serve KILKENNY
- Most Innovative Guest Experience - Awarded to the outlet that is committed to creating unique dining experiences through innovative products and services.
- Service Excellence - Awarded to the outlet that showcases hospitality of the highest standards by consistently providing exceptional service to its guests.
- Outlet of the Year Award - The award that recognises the most outstanding outlet that showcases excellence and innovation at all fronts, from entertainment experience, to product concept and service levels.
“We value our partners and we are aware that customers today are more discerning and have higher expectations. Therefore, we have a role to play in recognising F&B establishments with exceptional product quality, service and innovation,” said Hans Essaadi, Managing Director of GAB.
In 2012, WIP/SOULed Out Sri Hartamas won the Outlet of the Year Award as well as Gold in Service Excellence.
In order to ensure the highest standards of judging would be held, GAB partnered with HAPA, an independent body and leading regional hospitality awards programme, to facilitate the judging process.
The panel of judges, a confidential group of experts and influential tastemakers selected by HAPA, visited the nominated outlets anonymously within a five-month period as part of the stringent judging process.