Don’t Duck It Party by Passionately You
22 October 2011 (Saturday)
For a good cause and for your own good too!
THE PASSIONATELY YOU
Cervical & Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign
A voluntary collaboration between Assunta Hospital, Asia Assistance, Jaya One and Pj Live Arts founded to encourage the community to support the cause for cervical & breast cancer awareness and early detection.
It also helps to raise funds for the Community Treatment Program at Assunta Hospital that provides aid to cancer patients from the low income group.
It started out as Passionately Pink Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign mainly targeted at females aged 25 years old and above to encourage awareness and detection. In 2009, cervical cancer was added to the campaign cause to further stress the importance of healthcare.
- Main Objective
Raise awareness (to educate people on how to detect, what to do, and how to deal with) to the masses, starting from 18 years old and moving upwards to 45 years old.
- Secondary Objective
Fund raising for Assunta Hospital Foundation’s Social Welfare Fund. The Foundation provides subsidized or free-of-charge treatments to patients in the low income group.
Don’t Duck It
A social media campaign under Passionately You that aims to help further our reach to the public using social media in various forms and ideas, sharing various on-ground awareness events and activities as well as hoping to create a viral effect in order to draw more attention towards our cause and to share knowledge on early detection and prevention of breast and cervical cancer.
How To Join The Army?
- Pledge at http://www.dontduckit.com/ and stand a chance to win a 32-inch Panasonic LCD TV.
- Take a photo with ‘Don’t Duck It’ sculpture and win prizes.
- Be part of the Wall of Heroes and Heroines by submitting your photo HERE!!
- Contribute a quote or story that you want to share HERE.
- Spread the word by printing our lovely doorhanger and placing it in every other place you frequent so that nobody misses the message. It’s all about being caring and fun
Download it HERE.
- Add a #dontduckit Twibbon to your Twitter/Facebook display picture to show your support. #Dontduckit Twibbon can be added HERE.
- Buy the #dontduckit T-shirts and Charity Raffle Tickets to support the campaign! You can contact Assunta Hospital, Asia Assistance, or Jaya One. Check out the details HERE.
Final reminder – all you need to do is block out your 22nd October 2011, on a Saturday, to come for our Don’t Duck It Party which will be a day filled with activities in order to help raise funds for the cause!
Visit What’s Quacking for more info on the latest updates and latest events regarding Passionately You and Don’t Duck It.
You should be a part of it, whether you are a male or female because it doesn’t only affect the women but it affects the family-bonding entirely! Do your part to make it a better future. Every pledge counts!
DON’T DUCK YOUR CHECK UP!!